Then I decided to look at cyber schools. NJ doesn't have any cyber schools, but PA has about 10. Only one had a math teacher opening and as far as I could tell the position requires going to the site in PA and teaching via distance learning. I was thinking of something where I could teach from home. I'm still going to look into getting my PA certificate before my Praxis scores are too old.
Then I went on wnjpin and searched for math-related jobs. Here are the five I got:
- An e-commerce analyst position that I already applied for before I realized it was i n Wayne, NJ (too far).
- Statistician for a pharmaceutical company. The position is located in Shanghai, CHINA! Now, I know I searched for jobs within 50 miles of my zip code. Last time I checked China was a little farthur away than 50 miles. Please!
- Instructional Systems Designer for the CG. I didn't even understand the job description!
- Part-time teacher to provide "services" to students on suspension. Ok, maybe...Salary: $28,500/year. NO!
- Part-time A+ instructor. Pretty sure you have to know what A+ is to teach it.
Then I updated my resume on Monster thinking maybe I can get somewhere on there.